"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt



Thursday 11 July 2013

Foot fetishes

Just to confirm I do not have a foot fetish -it appears however, that some people do...

Following my slightly moany (ok, very moany) post about my foot injury, everyone's favourite Lucy, IronLucy gave me some advice; "Youtube ballet foot strengthening and exercises" ... "Ballerinas have rock-hard kick-ass feet, toes of steel, man."

So YouTube I did...

If the agonising looking shapes these ballerinas contorted their feet into didn't sit well with me and made me a little queasy, some of the comments along side these videos made me throw up a bit in my mouth...

..People have foot fetishes and aren't afraid to shout about it! Below are a select few comments alongside the videos. (I've obviously taken out the user names, and I've not put in some of the more explicit ones)

Proof is in the 'pudding' (ice cream, pudding, no?)

As well as these exercises I've seen on YouTube, I've also set a reminder on my calendar in work every hour to tell me to go and stretch...


I can spell 'Stretch', I promise!
So every day this week whilst in work, every hour, I've taken 2-3 mins away from my desk to walk up and down 3 flights of stairs, and to stretch out my lower extremities. It feels like it's helping - I just hope that it is...

Do any of you have any weird fetishes unusual likes/guilty pleasures? -Actually, don't tell me, I'm not sure I want to know :p

No comments:

Post a Comment