"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt



Monday 6 May 2013

One for the future

This one isn’t quite about running, and I’ve had this in draft for quite a while, wondering whether I should post it or not…

How do you put into words exactly what you want to say, while portraying the story without coming across as tortured or bitter about something? When it hurt at the time, and you weren’t given closure, but had to move on anyway?

I’m the type of person who will do the right thing, even if it’s the hardest thing to do. I don’t shy away from my responsibilities; I know that for every greatness in the world, there is often an equal and opposite force of shitiness ready to unleash hell. I also know if you’re lucky it’s not quite equal and opposite.

You can’t just go through life enjoying the sun and not expect to have to deal with the rain.

When new elements of your life begin, whether that be friendship, job, love, you always know there will be a honeymoon period... You’ve just got to hope that when things settle down the movement from honeymoon period to ‘the norm’ isn’t drastic.

If it is, how do you deal with it? –How do you deal with it when you're not even aware of it?

I always try to be honest and open; invariably it can lead to getting hurt, but it means there are no regrets. If you are open and honest you are not making any false promises. Hopefully, people will come to learn and appreciate that. For me, that’s the right thing to do, despite my faults I’d never intentionally look to hurt anyone.

That’s probably why when someone isn’t honest with me, especially someone I care about, and who is supposed to care about me, I find it very difficult to deal with. I would never be mad at someone for having a change of opinion or feelings; we all change over time, and no one should feel they have to stay unhappy in fear of upsetting someone.


Of course not everyone is like that, and some people will walk away from situations that they've caused you to put a lot of time, effort, and feeling into without explanations or a single utterance... In those situations, what do you do?

Well you move on, and that’s all you can do. Only, you have a lower opinion of people. Hopefully, not everyone, and hopefully, it doesn’t stop you from opening up or being yourself around people, but it will often make it a little more difficult.

Do the things you love. Run, read, be with family, friends... Remember what makes you happy and do it... Hope things get better, hope you get better, because it's a very short life we have.


I think I've run out of words, or at least half meaningful and cohesive words...

I’m normally quite good putting things into written words, especially when I have strong feelings towards something….. But this has taken a few sittings, I wanted to write this in an appropriate manner, get how I was feeling across, without allowing any natural bias I had to put anyone in a bad light – despite feeling like the wronged party (there I go again with the natural bias)


I guess this is my attempt at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment