"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt



Friday 22 March 2013

Being ‘officially’ discharged from hospital and physio…

…and immediately thinking my knee has got a niggle again.

But. Its. Not.

My IT band is tight, as is my back… So I’ve booked myself in for a sports massage tomorrow.

We runners are masochists!

Anyway, I should be really happy about being discharged, and I am… I just need a few weeks of good running to get back into it.

Which I have had I suppose – in the last 2 weeks I’ve been for 5 runs, my last run being a fairly strong 6kms in 28 minutes – not bad given I’ve been out for half a year!!

It’s just difficult to get into my head that I’m ok now, and everything I’m feeling is fatigue and tightness for not having run for so long.

Anyway, in celebration of my fresh bill of health I have entered 5 races! -Three 10k’s, one 5 miler, and one 5k. I’m really looking forward to them!!

Three of these races I completed last year so I know what to expect, the other two I haven’t. It’s always nice to have a bit of variety in your races; old favourites and new challenges.

Here’s to lactic acid build up, DOMS, and walking like a cowboy but grinning like the cheshire cat!! (What a mental image)


1 comment:

  1. Nice to see you entering races, adding to the medal collection is what it's all about :D

    ReplyDelete