"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt



Thursday 1 January 2015

Running in to the new year - Part 2

Happy New Year! We've finally entered 2015 and with it will mark my 30th year on this planet... Every time I think of turning 30 I'm always reminded of this:

Source Joey: Why God?!! Why?!! We had a deal!! Let the others grow old! Not me!!
Mr Joey Tribbiani had it right!!

Anyway, moving away from the inevitable day of when I get old... I did manage to 'run' in to 2015. I set out 11:55pm 31 December 2014 and finished 12:09am 2 January 2015. It wasn't fast, it wasn't long, and it was over quickly (*insert your innuendo-laden joke here*):

 
I'm really glad I laced up and saw out the New Year this way, as it can come off my bucket list, but it wasn't quite what I thought it would be, or built it up to be - I would definitely recommend the getting drunk with family and loved ones. Unless of course your family and loved ones joined you on the run!

So, on to 2015, I don't really make resolutions, but I find that the start of a new year helps to focus my mind and think about what direction I want my life to go in. For me, it's simple, have an injury free year and get back to the level of running I was at a couple of years ago...

...And if possible, not turn 30.

All the best for 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment