"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt



Saturday 1 September 2012

I'm the Glassman

As expected I had some hardcore DOMs going on after Race the Train. Club run the Tuesday after was pretty tough; I had to will myself to stick with the group. The Thursday run was much better; my legs felt fresher and I enjoyed the run.

I cut my LSR short on Sunday as my legs were feeling a little niggly where I had shin splints.

Back to club on Tuesday (just gone) and
I was fine; we completed some hill repeats (hill being a bit generous here!). On the way back to base I started getting a pain beneath / towards the outside of my right knee. It was quite painful, and I just thought it was from the efforts I'd put in on the inclines.

Unfortunately each morning since Tuesday I've woken up and had quite a searing pain when descending stairs in the knee, and a pretty uncomfortable feeling in the same area when ascending. This eases during the day, but I'm still aware of it. My knee now also clicks whenever I bend it....

Due to this I've had to pull out of the 5km team race I'm meant to be taking part in tomorrow, which sucks. I feel like I've let the team down badly, but I don't want to aggravate anything.

I'm crossing my fingers it's nothing major and I'll be ok for the 8.5km trail race I've got two weeks tomorrow. However, right now I feel like I'm just an injury prone running wannabe made of glass, which isn't a nice feeling :(

No comments:

Post a Comment